Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Progressive Registration - very useful feature

• ffaabbss
  • ffaabbss
17 years 4 months ago #36807 by ffaabbss
I agree that making the registration page a little lighter by splitting it into several pages with next links at the bottom would be a HUGE advantage.
Because when people see a long registration page they do not even bother to start and when only having to fill out a short registration page there is a high probablitly they never complete their profile in the backend...
So starting by only having to introduce your nick, mail and password and then on the next page to digg a litlle deeper and ask some more optional stuff on the third page of the registration process would be REALLY great as registration process as is in CB seems a little weak indeed when it comes to customization possiblities...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ffaabbss
  • ffaabbss
17 years 4 months ago #37740 by ffaabbss
bump:

I would love to chip in some money to get a progresive registration form for CB.. anybody else interested?

• safa
  • safa
17 years 4 months ago #37743 by safa
I'd try to get a bid from joomlancers or similar place. It depends how much it is.... I figure a fair number of people are creating community sites and the energy barrier to filling out a humongous registration is a good motivator for a lot of them to resolve

• ffaabbss
  • ffaabbss
17 years 4 months ago #37744 by ffaabbss
ok.. but before placing a project over at joomlancers could we just come up with some features the forum should have- apart from being multipage. and maybe some suggestions for a project description... i have not thought about it very much except the multipage thing...

is there anything else that needs to be mentioned?

• ffaabbss
  • ffaabbss
17 years 2 months ago #40260 by ffaabbss
nobody interested?v :(

Moderators: beatnantkrileon