Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Internal Sabotage by personnel of Hosting Provider

• cper
  • cper
1 week 1 day ago #339355 by cper
Hello,

I am looking around for a Hosting Provider that can manage my opinion-website built on Joomla version 5 platform with CommunityBuilder v.2.9.3 extension built-in.
My experience, especially by the repressive attitude in the Netherlands, is that there is a risk of 'internal sabotage' by hosting personnel (admins) with a different opinion. Do you recognise this? Have you experienced any opposition or strange circumstances?
So, I have become cautious and have some questions:
How can I detect technical sabotage in Joomla v.5 or in CommunityBuilder v.2.9.3?
How can I prevent technical sabotage?
Which (international) Hosting Provider can you propose that is politically, religiously and culturally neutral?

Friendly regards,
Cper

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 week 1 day ago #339356 by krileon
I don't think I've ever heard of internal sabotage from a hosting provider. The only circumstances that would warrant a site being taken down would be if the site is breaking the law or the hosts terms of service, but it's not like they're editing the sites contents they just take it offline. Many hosts for example don't allow explicit content. I don't think I've ever seen any with political or religious restrictions.

I suppose technically the best way to reduce risk would be going with a much larger company as they've a bigger image to protect and tampering with someone's site would do significant damage to their businesses image.

Additionally we also provide hosting below and as long as you're not violating the terms of service you're fine.

www.joomlapolis.com/services/web-hosting

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• cper
  • cper
5 days 23 hours ago #339370 by cper
Hello Kyle,
My questions are not about the Hosting Provider as an organization, nor about breaking the law.
My questions are about any HP-employee with an opposing personal opinion, who wants to undermine my site covertly.
Does Community Builder environment of JoomlaPolis have secret access for a hidden admin (for example via database) by an aggrieved employee?
Which (international) Hosting Provider may you propose that is politically, religiously and culturally neutral?
Friendly regards,
Cper

• krileon
  • krileon
3 days 15 hours ago #339375 by krileon

My questions are about any HP-employee with an opposing personal opinion, who wants to undermine my site covertly.

I have no idea. I can't speak for the thousands of hosting providers out there. The general policy is if a site violates the terms of service or breaks the law it's just taken off line. I've never heard of a hosting provider modifying a sites content due to differing views.

Does Community Builder environment of JoomlaPolis have secret access for a hidden admin (for example via database) by an aggrieved employee?

Are you asking if we've some sort of back door login to all Community Builder sites? No we do not have any such thing. Your Joomla and Community Builder site is accessible by you and anyone you give access to only.

Which (international) Hosting Provider may you propose that is politically, religiously and culturally neutral?

As far as I'm aware basically all of them. Review their terms and conditions carefully.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cper

Moderators: beatnantkrileon