Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Possible bug?

• xamonix
  • xamonix
4 days 3 hours ago - 4 days 3 hours ago #339196 by xamonix
Possible bug? was created by xamonix
Guys I left this post in Kunema Forum:
After sending a message to moderators to ask for end suspension, a banned user gets this error:
COM_KUNENA_MODERATION_ERROR_NOT_MODERATOR
I was trying to find it in language file but this string seems to be missing. Any ideas how to solve the problem?

Then someone replied:
That's impossible. A banned user can't do anything.

I made these two videos, and I think the problem is with Community builder itself.
Please watch these two videos: in the first video, I (as an administrator) select the profile of a fictional user created for testing purposes with the username 'josesencadas' and suspend the user.
In the second video, the suspended user logs in, goes to 'My Profile,' selects 'Moderate,' and then 'Submit Unban Request.' After that, the error page appears...
Could it be a bug in Community Builder? Sorry the site is in portuguese!

screentype(dot)net/MOVIE1.mov
screentype(dot)net/MOVIE2.mov

Sorry the links in this format but the Forum don't allow me to publish links.
Last edit: 4 days 3 hours ago by xamonix.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 days 13 hours ago #339202 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Possible bug?
Not sure what this has to do with CB. That's a Kunena message when attempting to ban someone through Kunena. Are you sure the user is on their CB profile and not their Kunena profile? New users are not permitted to share external links, but you should be able to attach screenshots of your issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Astrid
  • Astrid
3 days 12 hours ago #339206 by Astrid
Replied by Astrid on topic Possible bug?
Seen this message on Kunena forum and tested. Not sure either if it is Kunena or CB related.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 days 11 hours ago #339207 by krileon
Thank you, full callstack certainly helps. Looks like there was an API change at some point as that function originally checked if a user could be banned. No idea when the change happened since CB Forums integration with Kunena is quite old. Will implement a fix for next CB build release.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9489

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 days 8 hours ago #339209 by krileon
This should be fixed in latest CB build release. Removed the need for canBan check, ported over the checks inside of it that were needed, and wrapped it so if it does fail it won't block CB.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: xamonix

Moderators: beatnantkrileon