Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Mass Mail to iPhone devices

1 month 1 week ago #339095 by RobWilkinson
Mass Mail to iPhone devices was created by RobWilkinson
A mass mail which includes an image results in a blue square with a question mark on an iphone. I have Apple researching it but it looks like IOS mail does not fully support XHTML which CB mass mailing uses. one of the differences between html and xhtml is that the closure to the IMG element is '>' in html and '/>' in xhtml. I do not know yet if that is what is throwing the problem on an iPhone. All other email clients work as expected. Unfortunately a great many users use an iPhone. Any thoughts or work arounds?

Regards,
Rob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 month 1 week ago #339098 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Mass Mail to iPhone devices
Mass mailer email body should've been raw formatted, but looks like it's being safe HTML processed. Will remove that processing.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9482

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 month 1 week ago #339100 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Mass Mail to iPhone devices
It's unlikely the XHTML is the cause of your issue, but we've released a new CB build release that removes the format restrictions for Super Users sending mass mails. So you'll be able to format the HTML however you like exactly you like now as a Super User (all other users are still restricted).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 month 1 week ago #339108 by RobWilkinson
Replied by RobWilkinson on topic Mass Mail to iPhone devices
Thank you.
I will let you know if Apple ever solves it.
Regards,

Rob

Moderators: beatnantkrileon