Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Absolutely Confused

2 months 1 week ago - 2 months 4 days ago #338864 by estacey2011
Absolutely Confused was created by estacey2011
I quickly found out that CB isn't a 'plug and play' system like Jom or Easy  Social  were in their day.    What a learning curve! -   I think the word, 'canvas' throws me as I am used to 'pages' and 'templates'.. 
I installed the CB on an existing Joomla 5 template,  first because I thought it would make a nice 'addition', and second because the documentation alludes to the idea that you can,  "Add it to an Existing Site"  
I followed every piece of documentation and videos I could find..    Most of them are way, way outdated.. seven years and such!      Thank you for allowing me to 'try' the program.       I don't think it's a fit for  me.    Here is just a sample of the results.   

Attachment not found

Last edit: 2 months 4 days ago by estacey2011.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 months 5 days ago #338865 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Absolutely Confused
CB is absolutely "plug and play". Default out of the box is the bare minimum profile and registration process.

The menu items shown in your screenshot are for convenience so that you've menu items out of the box and you can freely edit them as you please. They don't look right on your site because your template has a custom menu setup so you'll need to edit those menu items and make adjustments to fit your template.

As for "canvas" it's just a profile background image and doesn't have to be used if you don't want it. Aside from the menu items nothing in your screenshot is related to CB so not sure what issues you're having exactly.

I've moved your topic out of presales as I don't see any presales questions in your post. Did you have any questions or need help with anything?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 months 4 days ago #338892 by estacey2011
Replied by estacey2011 on topic Absolutely Confused
Thanks for moving this out of pre-sales.. Uh, I assure you I'm not entirely noob when it comes to installing modes and plugins on Joomla (whatever version) - Looks good.. doesn't fit!.. thanks again.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon