Skip to Content Skip to Menu

🏖 End of summer sale! Savings on all memberships including single add-ons! Get 25% off now with code SUMMER25!

How to add a menu item 'Previous page' for profile

• Dbgemile
  • Dbgemile
  • Add-ons
1 month 2 weeks ago #338615 by Dbgemile
Hello everyone,

I'm new to CB and I'm trying to integrate CB into my web page. I can't find a way to add a 'Previous Page' button or menu item to the profile. (see appendix red square).
Because other modules have a link to CD users, but there is no nice way to go back to the previous page.
Can you help me?

Kind regards,
Emile
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 month 2 weeks ago #338642 by krileon
They should be able to go back to previous page by just using the back button in their browser. I don't recommend implementing back buttons into the UI. At any rate you can add a few custom menu items by editing the Menu tab in CB > Tab Management then under Parameters you can add 2 custom links. More complex links would need to be added via API using CB Auto Actions though.

Note in CB 3.x we'll be doing away with that menu bar as it won't serve much of a purpose anymore (it's from Joomla 1.x days where it was needed) as you can now just render a normal Joomla menu module above profiles using a Custom HTML field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dbgemile

• Dbgemile
  • Dbgemile
  • Add-ons
1 month 2 weeks ago #338647 by Dbgemile
Thank you for your help Krileon.
I also use PWA, then you don’t have the browser buttons.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 month 2 weeks ago #338656 by krileon
PWA can have back buttons. Adjust your manifest file to have the proper display mode set. If you don't want to do this though then you'll need to use the above instructions to add one to the page directly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dbgemile

• Dbgemile
  • Dbgemile
  • Add-ons
1 month 1 week ago #338702 by Dbgemile
Hi Krileon,

Thank you for your help. Made a button for it. Because Chrome doesn't show 'Previous' button for PWA.

Kind regrads,
Emile
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon