Skip to Content Skip to Menu

🏖 End of summer sale! Savings on all memberships including single add-ons! Get 25% off now with code SUMMER25!

CB Login from Safari on iPad

• rnevins
  • rnevins
1 month 4 weeks ago #338498 by rnevins
CB Login from Safari on iPad was created by rnevins
Greetings.  I manage a club website using Joomla 4 and Community Builder.  I have reports from some users who say that when they use Safari on an iPad they must re-login when they go from one screen to another within the site.  I have not been able to consistently reproduce the issue.  (although I did make it happen once but then couldn't make it fail again).  Any ideas on what may be causing this or where I should look?  I have caching disabled on the website and session timeout set to 120.  Could this be due a cookie issue?  Like a browser config that does not permit cookies? Thanks in advance for any guidance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 month 3 weeks ago #338508 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Login from Safari on iPad
Sounds like page caching. You cannot use full page caching on any page with a form or dynamic content. So you'll need to unpublish Joomla's page cache plugin or be sure to add exclusions to it for every page with dynamic content or a form. If still having issues you might have server side caching (e.g. cloudflare cdn caching) depending on your server setup.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• rnevins
  • rnevins
1 month 3 weeks ago #338511 by rnevins
Replied by rnevins on topic CB Login from Safari on iPad
Thank you for the reply.  I don't have the page caching plugin published.  I am using Bluehost VPS - as far as I know Bluehost does not enable Cloudflare on VPS unless you ask for it (and I didn't).  I'm not sure how I can determine that for certain short of contacting their support.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 month 3 weeks ago #338513 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Login from Safari on iPad
The only other thing I can think of is your site is allowing access with and without www or http and https. So for example if someone navigates to your site without "www" and your configuration.php is has live_site set (generally you should leave this empty) with "www" or your login redirect includes "www" then your issue can happen, but it's not browser specific and would happen to anyone. It happens because the domain changed.

Generally you should have your server configured to be more explicit in how the domain is accessed. Typically always https with "www".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• rnevins
  • rnevins
1 month 3 weeks ago #338516 by rnevins
OK, with your help I'm getting closer!  I found that the issue relates to a URL in a custom module.  I am using TinyMCE as the editor.  I am coding the URL as "index.php/path/to/php" and when you click on the link from the front end it resolves to mydomain.org/index.php/path/to/php ".  So this works fine if you have initially logged on to mydomain.org   But if you initially log in to www.mydomain.org then as you point out you are sent to a different domain when you click the link.  So this will happen on any browser I think, not just Safari on iPad.  So now I'm thinking the issue might be a config option in TinyMCE, although looking through the documentation I don't see where you can tell it to include or exclude the "www" portion based upon the base URL.

• rnevins
  • rnevins
1 month 3 weeks ago #338518 by rnevins
OK - I think I have it resolved now.  The URLs are now correctly showing either with or without the www prefix based upon the URL that was used when initially accessing the site.  Thanks again for your help!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon