Option 2.2 = Woman

B- SEARCH (User List)

FIELDS 2 (check-box) : Replace "[strike]LOOKING FOR[/strike]" by "I AM"
Option 2.1 = Man
Option 2.2 = Woman

FIELDS 1 (drop-down select) : Replace "[strike]I AM[/strike]" by "LOOKING FOR"
Option 1.1 = Man
Option 1.2 = Woman

With CB, Please is it possible to create such logic regarding the FIELDS 1 & 2 above ?
If yes, how to do it ?

If it's possible, I will buy your "Professional" package because I need 2 location fields too (cascading drop-down select), Country & Province ...

Thank you & Regards,

Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 4 weeks ago #313905 by krileon

With CB, Please is it possible to create such logic regarding the FIELDS 1 & 2 above ?
If yes, how to do it ?

I don't see why not. Those are just standard fields that are a part of core CB. As for the field title switching that can be done with an IF substitution against "reason" (see field description parameter for explanation). See the below regarding substitution usage.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

You can give it a try on our demo site below if you like. Feel free to change whatever you want as it resets regularly.

demo.cbdemosites.com/

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 4 weeks ago #313909 by Chris041973
Replied by Chris041973 on topic REGISTRATION & SEARCH Fields : I AM -> LOOKING FOR
Thank you for the information ...

I won't swap the field titles only, but swap the fields 1 & 2 too ... yes, swap the fields 1 & 2 between the Registration and Search ...

I am not sure to understand your documentation and short explanation ... then I will need to test and find a solution ... Youtube tutorial videos might help too ...

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 4 weeks ago #313910 by krileon

I won't swap the field titles only, but swap the fields 1 & 2 too ... yes, swap the fields 1 & 2 between the Registration and Search ...

No idea what you're asking then. Your example in your original post was to swap the "I AM" and "LOOKING FOR". I assume those are field titles, which is doable using substitutions as the "reason" usage with an IF substitution. Example as follows.

Code:
[cb:if reason="edit"]PROFILE EDIT DISPLAY ONLY[/cb:if][cb:if reason="register"]REGISTRATION DISPLAY ONLY[/cb:if][cb:if reason="search"]SEARCH DISPLAY ONLY[/cb:if]

The above works in field title, description, and layout parameters.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 4 weeks ago #313915 by Chris041973
Replied by Chris041973 on topic REGISTRATION & SEARCH Fields : I AM -> LOOKING FOR
You are right, we just swap the Title of the Fields and not the Fields ...
However, the Field 1 at the first position in the Registration Form will move to position 2 in the Search Form ...
And the Field 2 at the second position in the Registration Form will move to position 1 in the Search Form n...

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 4 weeks ago #313927 by krileon

However, the Field 1 at the first position in the Registration Form will move to position 2 in the Search Form ...
And the Field 2 at the second position in the Registration Form will move to position 1 in the Search Form n...

Correct, as again you're just swapping the titles.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon