Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[#7487] Show userprofile in a module

• mckuntze
  • mckuntze
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #311084 by mckuntze
[#7487] Show userprofile in a module was created by mckuntze
Since a few Years i use a module called 'CB Random User'. This Module can show content from one users profile (f.e. avatar, name, work area etc.). This is very fine to show a contact for a special work area. After Migration to php 7 this did not work anymore.
Is there any possibility (AddOn etc.) to show user information in a module? This would be very fine.
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [#7487] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 6 months ago #311119 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Show userprofile in a module
We don't provide a module for randomly displaying users. You'll need to contact the developer of "CB Random User" to update it to be compatible with PHP 7 or review whatever errors it's throwing and fix them your self. Alternative is to use the CB Online Module included with CB, but it has no option for random user display.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• fg88
  • fg88
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #311148 by fg88
Replied by fg88 on topic Show userprofile in a module
To create a random CB user module, I use the Community Builder Online module

1/ I have created a field cb_random for all users (not visible in profile)
2/ With the plugin CB Auto Actions, I run the SQL request :
Code:
UPDATE #__comprofiler SET cb_random = FLOOR(RAND() * (1000 - 1 + 1)) + 1
with trigger OnUserAfterProfileDisplay
which define a random number into field cb_random
3/ On the Community Builder Online module settings,

I set Display Mode = Custom Latest

on User-text field, you can display what you want with substitutions : [avatar] [firstname] etc..

>Tab Custom Latest
Field : cb_random
Direction : Ascending

Result : the module display user whom have the smallest number in its cb_random field, and each time a profile is viewed, the cb_random change !

I don't know if this system use a lot of ressources, but for my database (500 users), it works!
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by fg88.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 6 months ago #311161 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Show userprofile in a module
Have added a feature ticket to add a random mode for CB Online Module.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7487

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fg88

• fg88
  • fg88
5 years 6 months ago #311174 by fg88
Replied by fg88 on topic Show userprofile in a module
Good job !
Thank you!

• mckuntze
  • mckuntze
5 years 6 months ago #311178 by mckuntze
Replied by mckuntze on topic [#7487] Show userprofile in a module
Thanks for all answers!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon