Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Error Access Denied updating portrait image file

5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #311071 by tpalumboGMA
When updating image in the profile when hitting "update" button receive "error access denied" at the top of the page. Went in and checked the image/comprofiler folder and see that the file actually uploaded. In fact, it uploaded every time I tried to update the picture.

Despite the file actually uploading it will not update. The image file is a jpg file and is only 154k. I verified that my profile was not locked by the firewall.
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by tpalumboGMA.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 6 months ago #311118 by krileon
There's no "Access Denied" error message in CB. We use "You are not authorized to view this page!". "Access Denied" is typically a Joomla error. Ensure you've access to your Joomla menu item for CBs profile edit page. It could also be a 3rd party Joomla user or system plugin acting on Joomla user store in Extensions > Plugins interrupting the user update process.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tpalumboGMA

5 years 6 months ago #311137 by tpalumboGMA
Replied by tpalumboGMA on topic Error Access Denied updating portrait image file
Krileon,

Thanks for the information. I am sure that you are correct. I tried it as a registered user and everything works just super! When I log back in as myself, I cannot change it. I am the site super-user, so I guess perhaps something is stopping the change over from the front-end, because of that.

The users are totally unaffected!

I can change my portrait from the back-end, so I did get to change my portrait! Now I just need to find out why I can't from the front-end. I took off the security in RSFirewall, which locks super-users from changes (and cleared the cache), but that did not help! Now, I am going to go through my plug-ins and see if any else are being problems to me.

Have a great day!

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 6 months ago #311160 by krileon
If it only impacts super users and only from frontend then it absolutely sounds like something installed is blocking it. Very likely a security feature of something installed. Recommend checking installed User plugins in Extensions > Plugins as it's often a User plugin, but System plugins can act on any Joomla event so it could be a 3rd party System plugin as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tpalumboGMA

5 years 6 months ago #311176 by tpalumboGMA
Replied by tpalumboGMA on topic Error Access Denied updating portrait image file
Krileon,

When I find it I will let you know!

Thanks and have a great day!

Tommy

Moderators: beatnantkrileon