Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Update CB 2.4.0 has failed !

• clend
  • clend
5 years 8 months ago #309783 by clend
Update CB 2.4.0 has failed ! was created by clend
I use CB 2.3.0 with no problem with my database.
But, when I try to implement your new version CB 2.4.0, I obtain this next message:

--> Alerte
BLOB/TEXT column 'cb_heure1_1' used in key specification without a key length

If I verify my database with phpmyadmin, and the structure of the table 'comprofiler' and this index: the length of that key is '3' (well written in the definition of my index) !
And all is fine when I use CB and this database !!!

Question: what is the real problem ... and the just solution to implement CB 2.4.0 ?

Greetings and happy new year to all your Joomlapolis Team !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 8 months ago #309805 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Update CB 2.4.0 has failed !
Don't know why you have an index for that column as we don't generate indexes automatically for text fields. Edit your _comprofiler database table within phpmyadmin and delete that index.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• clend
  • clend
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #309806 by clend
Replied by clend on topic Update CB 2.4.0 has failed !
I needed such an index. But I'll use another method, and I apply now your informed advice.
Thanks Kile.

ps: now, my update from CB 2.3.0 to CB 2.4.0 is fine
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by clend.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon