Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Installation issue - Joomla 3.9.0, CB 2.21

• imageus
  • imageus
5 years 10 months ago #308513 by imageus
I have purchased the CB plugin for removing the CB footer. I had done this before in another hosting company. But now in this new hosting company, when I try to install it, it installs successfully and then immediately uninstalls itself!!! I have never seen anything like this before.Any help is highly appreciated.

plug_cbfooter_1.0.0+2014.10.09.06.05.00.37eb1a27f
Joomla: Joomla! 3.9.0 Stable [ Amani ] 30-October-2018 14:00 GMT
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #308519 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Installation issue - Joomla 3.9.0, CB 2.21
The uninstall is the package installer removing it self. As you've an older package the package installer isn't as clear. Newer versions of our package installer are more clear regarding the steps happening during install. CB Footer should be preset in CB > Plugin Management. You can then toggle the footer off in CB > Configuration > Integrations.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by krileon.

• imageus
  • imageus
5 years 10 months ago #308524 by imageus
Replied by imageus on topic Installation issue - Joomla 3.9.0, CB 2.21
Thanks for clarification. But the problem it the CB plugin doesn't get installed! I know where to toggle the switch to turn it off, but that works only after the plugin gets installed. In my case nothing gets installed. I got the same issue while installing CB from the downloaded .ZIP package. I ended up installing it from the web.

• imageus
  • imageus
5 years 10 months ago #308527 by imageus
Replied by imageus on topic Installation issue - Joomla 3.9.0, CB 2.21
[SOLVED] I figured out the issue and it is resolved. It was due to the PHP version. I had to lower the version to 7.0 and everything worked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack83

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 10 months ago #308547 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Installation issue - Joomla 3.9.0, CB 2.21
PHP 7.0 is EOL and security EOL is in 20 days. CB 2.x is tested working on PHP 7.2. You however are using a several years out of date page installer. I recommend just installing without the package installer. To do that unzip the package you have and install the plugin within the /extensions/cb_plugins folder of that package in CB > Plugin Management > Install New Plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon