Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Need some structural advice

• sidprice
  • sidprice
5 years 10 months ago #308407 by sidprice
Need some structural advice was created by sidprice
Hello, I have been using CB for some time now managing the online records for people who have a professional certification. This has worked well. I added some custom fields for the certification so that users could track their progress.

Recently the organization has introduced a second credential that the site must also track. My first idea of how to implement this was to add custom fields for that new credential, however, should the organization add more credentials that would mean more custom fields. This may be the only way to handle this, however, I thought I would ask here to see if there is a better way of doing this.

Each credential has a set of fields like:
1. Credential name
2. Date awarded
3. Date expires
4. Number of credits required to auto-renew
5. Total credits earned.

Any input is much appreciated,
Sid

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 10 months ago #308411 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Need some structural advice
You'll need the CB Field Groups plugin for that. It allows repeating a set of fields as many times as needed. So you'd create your 5 fields and then use them in a Field Group field so it can be repeated and reused without having to manually make multiple sets of those 5 fields. You can find some screenshots and details on our product page below.

www.joomlapolis.com/addons/cb-field-groups

Feel free to also give it a try on our demo site below to be sure it'll fit your needs.

demo.cbdemosites.com/

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

• sidprice
  • sidprice
5 years 10 months ago #308415 by sidprice
Replied by sidprice on topic Need some structural advice
Very good, thanks.
Sid

Moderators: beatnantkrileon