Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Create an RSS Feed using CB User List

• li_gordon
  • li_gordon
5 years 10 months ago #308316 by li_gordon
Create an RSS Feed using CB User List was created by li_gordon
Currently I have a MASSIVE website, I would like to split into 2 separate websites. The only thing that both sites would 'share' is community builder.

My thought is to keep community builder in the 'intial site', and in the new site, display the community builder user list as an 'rss feed'. so it displays in the new site, but if I click on any of the links, I'm fine it 'opening in the original site.

For example...

Site A
- HAS community Builder
- has an RSS feed User List defined (with specific filters)

Site B
- does not have community builder
- has a menu item that displays a community builder 'list' from site a
- this menu item can display niceley the list from site A

thanks,
LAura

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 10 months ago #308325 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Create an RSS Feed using CB User List
There's no RSS Feed endpoint for userlists. I suppose you could just add an iframe with your userlists URL with &tmpl=component added to the URL so it only shows the userlist.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• li_gordon
  • li_gordon
5 years 10 months ago #308328 by li_gordon
Replied by li_gordon on topic Create an RSS Feed using CB User List
Thank you so much for your quick response!

How hard would it be for us to create an 'rss feed' from community builder? That could be so very powerful!

If we have to go with an iframe option:
1. if someone clicked on a link, would it open in a 'new browser'? Is that now an option of an iframe?
2. is it responsive?
3. is it accessible?

thanks,
Laura

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 10 months ago #308339 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Create an RSS Feed using CB User List

How hard would it be for us to create an 'rss feed' from community builder? That could be so very powerful!

You'd have to completely handle the queries and structuring the data into a feed. We've no RSS Feed functionality in CB at all.

1. if someone clicked on a link, would it open in a 'new browser'? Is that now an option of an iframe?

You can configure the link target in your userlist to open a new window.

2. is it responsive?

Userlists use responsive CSS classes so yes assuming your iframe is set to 100% width it should work fine still.

3. is it accessible?

Userlists have appropriate role attributes so yes it's accessible. Beyond that you need to be more specific about what accessibility you're wanting.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon