Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Plugins for CB

• Se7eN
  • Se7eN
6 years 2 months ago #305846 by Se7eN
Plugins for CB was created by Se7eN
Hello all,

I have made a few plugins that I needed for my site.
The plugins I made are:

Google Places API plugin: this lets you publish an ajax lookup field for an address (just like if you would look for an address on Google maps). Then, when you select a match from google, this will populate address fields in your profile. So this is basically a way to avoid your users using numerous different ways of spelling something, and it is a great alternative to running a database with countries. states, cities, streets, ...
In short, if you have a need to get addresses from your users, this plugin will be your new favourite toy.

Random key generator: this plugin generates a random key and stores it in your profile. I use these as keys in API calls between websites, allowing my users to authenticate one time with another site, and after that, they can login to my site using their accounts of the other site. I'm sure there are countless other applications for this as well.

Query field: this is a field that lets you query a database table, and that you can use as a cascading drop-down solution. you can refresh it based on the change in other fields etc...

Now, my question is this: what options do I have to make these available to the general public? How would I go about making them available for free? Or how would I go about having one of them available at a small fee?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 2 months ago #305883 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Plugins for CB

Now, my question is this: what options do I have to make these available to the general public? How would I go about making them available for free? Or how would I go about having one of them available at a small fee?

Create a website to host your plugins then add them to Joomlas extension directory. How you motenize them, if you choose to do so, is up to you. As for us we're using CB Paid Subscriptions and CB Package Builder to handle that entire workflow.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• MMDoege
  • MMDoege
6 years 2 months ago #306134 by MMDoege
Replied by MMDoege on topic Plugins for CB
Would be great to obtain the Google Places API plugin as we'd like to get rid of our Geonames DB we use in CB registration form.
Works properly with chained update-on fields and after having done some data clean-ups beforehand.
In addition it's limited to one key (post code), look and feel is somewhat old fashioned, and slow.
We're going to get our Maps API - so would be great to have a shortcut here.

Would appreciate to hearing from you or see your app on JED.

Thanks.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon