Skip to Content Skip to Menu

User - Fields

• donnan
  • donnan
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #305686 by donnan
User - Fields was created by donnan
In Joomla 3.8 backend under User/Fields and Field Categories.

I have now installed Community Builder and it is not recognising those Fields in the User Profile so users can update those fields.

How does Community Builder allow my users to access/update those fields?

I believe this is a bug in Community Builder as existing Fields and Field categories are not available in CB. Is the development team going to fix this issue?
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by donnan. Reason: Asking a question on the bottom line.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 2 months ago #305741 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic User - Fields
CB does not use Joomla fields. To add fields to CBs profile and registration you need to create them in CB > Field Management. I highly recommend reading the CB Primer Book below to help get started using CB.

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/documents

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon