Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Avoid displaying an entire list

• tribalion
  • tribalion
6 years 2 months ago #305461 by tribalion
Avoid displaying an entire list was created by tribalion
Hello,
I have a CB list with firstname and lastname as searchable fields.
By default the list display nothing.
If we use the * charactere in one or the other field , the result is the displaying of the entire list (arround 250 users)
For security reasons I would like to avoid it, is there a way to do this ? (didn't find in topics)
Thanks
Eric

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 2 months ago #305484 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Avoid displaying an entire list
There is no way to block certain searches. If you want searching to be exact matching only be sure you've set "Search crieteria" to "Simple Exact match: Only 'is' and ranges" under Parameters > Search within your userlist.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• tribalion
  • tribalion
6 years 2 months ago #305488 by tribalion
Replied by tribalion on topic Avoid displaying an entire list
Well, I'll keep the option set on "Simple any word matche:.." as I want less restrictive research.
I just try to prevent the whole listing of all members using the * character.
Anyway, thank you.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 2 months ago #305491 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Avoid displaying an entire list
The reason it searches for all users is because when using simple any a wildcard is supported. The wildcard is * or %. You have to use exact searching if you don't want the wildcard to be used.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon