Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Force existing users to accept terms and conditions

6 years 4 months ago #304512 by erikmalfait
I have not used the 'Terms and conditions' field on my website until now, but with the new GDPR regulations I would like to start using this.
The setup itself is clear to me, but my problem is that I already have a lot of users that were not requested to accept any terms and conditions when they registered.
How can I now force my existing users to accept these new terms and conditions next time they logon?
Or in other words, how can I force my users to update their profile at next logon?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 4 months ago #304515 by krileon
Best I can suggest to partially automate this is CB Auto Actions redirecting to profile edit if their terms and conditions field hasn't been accepted yet. Once we integrate with Joomla 3.9 component that's meant to handle GDPR that'll probably be able to take care of this as well, but I've no idea when that'll happen as J3.9 isn't even released yet. Your alternative I guess is to give a deadline for them to review and accept the terms and anyone who hasn't done so should be completely purged from your site.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: erikmalfait

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon