Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Duplicate Error - Warning Messages Under Circumstances

6 years 5 months ago #304131 by giorgionasis
Hallo,

I face something strange. When users types a wrong password, then I have two messages.
One generated by community builder (error message) and one generated from joomla (warning message)

This is not happening when user leave blank the password. Then I have only one error message from community builder

How can i remove the joomla warning messages?

I have seen this post but I does not help to my situation..
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 5 months ago #304157 by krileon

One generated by community builder (error message) and one generated from joomla (warning message)

Where are you seeing this exactly? Under the field? Submitting the form with the two password fields not matching shouldn't even be possible as that valid is form blocking. Please provide a screenshot of the errors you're seeing or at least provide the errors themselves.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 5 months ago #304161 by giorgionasis
Hi kyle,

yes you are right, I did not mention where this is happening. It is happening at the login, not inside the profile to change password where there is validation.

I attach you two screenshots. In first one you can see the two messages. The first one is the one generated by joomla and the second on generated by community builder.

In second screenshot you can see the blocks of the inspect element

thank you very much

Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 5 months ago #304166 by krileon
That isn't CB doing that. Switch to default Joomla protostar template and ensure you're using CBs login module then retry. CB only logs 1 message to Joomlas message queue when login fails, which will be "'Incorrect username or password. Please try again.'" or "Incorrect email or password. Please try again." depending on login method used.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 5 months ago #304167 by giorgionasis
Hallo kyle,

I never said this was a CB issue but the point is that I have two warning-error messages. One generated by Joomla one by CB.
The first message is from joomla and the second from CB

I switched to joomla default protostar and for sure i am using cb login module.

I attach image

And I do not know why this is happening.
Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 5 months ago #304186 by krileon
Don't know what to tell you. I am unable to confirm your issue. Within Extensions > Plugins see if you've any 3rd party authentication plugins enabled. Default Joomla should just have "Authentication - Joomla" and "Authentication - Cookie" enabled. If issue persists disable all 3rd party Joomla user plugins except "User - Joomla!".

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon