Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Approval link in Admin Email Community Builder

• ontarget
  • ontarget
6 years 4 months ago #303920 by ontarget
Hi I have seen a few forum posts asking this but no definitive answer.
Heres the workflow i want
User registers > confirms account by clicking link in email OK
Moderator receives email with user details asking to approve account OK
However there is no link in the moderator /admin email allowing the account to be enabled - as far as i can see they have to login to the site backend to approve.

Is there some tag that can be placed in the admin email to approve / enable the users account?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 4 months ago #303924 by krileon
You can create a Joomla menu item to CBs approval page or publish the CB Workflows module, which will show a link to user approval (and image approval) as needed. You can add a link to your menu item from the email using language overrides functionality shown below.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18701-language-overrides-have-arrived

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• ontarget
  • ontarget
4 years 10 months ago #314833 by ontarget
Replied by ontarget on topic Approval link in Admin Email Community Builder

ontarget wrote: Hi I have seen a few forum posts asking this but no definitive answer.
Heres the workflow i want
User registers > confirms account by clicking link in email OK
Moderator receives email with user details asking to approve account OK
However there is no link in the moderator /admin email allowing the account to be enabled - as far as i can see they have to login to the site backend to approve.

Is there some tag that can be placed in the admin email to approve / enable the users account?

TO ANSWER MY OWN QUESTION

Go to Language Overrides > Search for "UE_REG_ADMIN_PA_MSG"

A new user has signed up at [SITEURL] and requires approval.
This email contains their details

Name - [NAME]
E-mail - [EMAILADDRESS]
Username - [USERNAME]

TO APPROVE THEIR EMAIL CLICK ON THIS LINK
xxxxx.ie/cb-moderate-user-approvals.html

Please do not respond to this message as it is automatically generated and is for informational purposes only.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon