Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Getting a list of the field values

• alavren
  • alavren
6 years 7 months ago #302316 by alavren
Getting a list of the field values was created by alavren
Hi,

I'm trying to retrieve a list of field values for a particular field. I've tried tabs, getField, etc, with no luck.

I've finally managed to just do it through joomla query, but was curious if there's a way to do it using CB?

$db = JFactory::getDbo();
$query = $db->getQuery(true);
$query->select($db->quoteName(array('fieldid', 'fieldtitle', 'fieldlabel')));
$query->from($db->quoteName('#__comprofiler_field_values'));
$query->where($db->quoteName('fieldid') . ' = '. $db->quote('56'));
$db->setQuery($query);
$results = $db->loadObjectList();

thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 7 months ago #302404 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Getting a list of the field values
We just use a database query. See the below file for core field code where you can review how select fields are built.

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbcore/cb.core.php

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: alavren

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon