Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Reset Password Form button "send" inactive

• Alzieu
  • Alzieu
7 years 1 month ago #297013 by Alzieu
Versions CB : 2.1.3 Joomla : 3.7.4

Hi everybody,
We have a problem with the reset password form.

Some users report that, after having filled username and email adress, the "send password" button is still inactive.

After some exploration, with a user by phone, we found that if the user select the email adress in the proposals dropdown list something is not triggered and the button is not activated. But if th user type the email address with the keyboard the event is triggered and the button is activated.

This problem is very bad for my users.

The problem don't exist on my computers so investigate is not easy.

Somebody know where the problem come from and/or how to resolve it ?

And how and where investigate ?

Thanks !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #297015 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Reset Password Form button "send" inactive
Nothing we can do about it. The phone should correctly be firing change or keyup events and it's not. Without an event to listen to the form can't know anything changed. This will be impossible to confirm in emulation so you'll need to know more specifically what devices are doing this and what browser they're using.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by krileon.

• Alzieu
  • Alzieu
7 years 1 month ago #297043 by Alzieu
Replied by Alzieu on topic Reset Password Form button "send" inactive
Sorry seems I badly explain (my english is not so good.... ;-) )

It's not on a phone. It's on PCs under Windows. (I was speaking by phone with the user).

But I will try to have the browser version.

In the meantime is there a way to disable the validation and force the button to be active ?

Thanks !

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 1 month ago #297073 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Reset Password Form button "send" inactive
I don't see how desktop could be doing this unless they're using some odd browser extension that doesn't trigger change event after forcing an input value. That'd be something for the browser extension to fix.

In the meantime is there a way to disable the validation and force the button to be active ?

Nope.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon