Skip to Content Skip to Menu

is there anyway with optional email registration?

• saman2
  • saman2
7 years 1 month ago #296870 by saman2
hi.
i want provide cb registration form without email required (optional email)
is there anyway to use mobile phone instead of email?for example activation code sen via sms to user mobile phone and it's instead of email?
if not i want remove email field . is it possible?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 1 month ago #296873 by krileon
It is not possible to disable email. It is required by Joomla. You can generate random fake emails I suppose using CB Auto Actions, but it is not really recommended.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• saman2
  • saman2
7 years 1 month ago #296875 by saman2
what about sms confirmation code for cb registration ? is there any add on for do this?

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #296877 by krileon
We've no SMS confirmation code integration. You'd have to develop that your self or see if such a plugin already exists (I am not aware of any). A Joomla authentication plugin maybe able to do that during login, but I'm not sure.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by krileon.

7 years 1 month ago #297309 by amir_vulture
Replied by amir_vulture on topic is there anyway with optional email registration?
Hi professional man
You say it possible by cb auto action
I want learn about it
Please explain detailed for this way how i register user without email require or auto generate email when i type name and username in field and hit register button
Its very necessary for me
I have very user and must register to site with only one name and user name.no need any fields. Tanx

''
is there anyway to use mobile phone instead of email?for example activation code sen via sms to user mobile phone and it's instead of email?
if not i want remove email field . is it possible?

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 1 month ago #297319 by krileon

Email is required by Joomla. It is not possible to bypass this without injecting a fake email address into the registration process. To do that see the below topic.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/232837-auto-generating-email-address-for-user-registration#277805

We have no SMS integration. You would need to develop something like that your self.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon