Skip to Content Skip to Menu

required password rules being ignored

7 years 3 months ago #295591 by dwmolyneux
required password rules being ignored was created by dwmolyneux
HI. I'm new to using CB with Joomla and have ran in to an issue that to me is a bug but not sure. I'm hoping that I can find a solution.

I installed the most current version of Joomla on my site.

I then had gone through and got it setup with the basics needed.

I then under the config for user passwords set some requirements that have to be met when a user creates their password for site login. those rules being that at least 1 number, 1 special symbol/character, at least 1 capital letter, and the length of the password.

To test this I created a fake user and it worked like it should.

I then installed CB and followed the steps to get it working. I then created a new fake user to test the password requirements by intentionally ignoring my own password rules and CB had accept it and created the user. Ignoring the Joomla Password Rules.

The next step in testing it, I was able to login with that new fake user. I then had someone else test it for me from another location and they was unable to even login using the same. I then on the backend reset that user password to meet the rules and the results was the same.

How do I get CB to follow the user password rules that I have set in Joomla and is there a way to have it give the same error warning when a user tried to set a password that does not conform, forcing them to redo their password before being able to continue (the same as what the Joomla User registration/login does)?

Thank you

*Note to Mod: Was not sure where this topic actually belongs so if it needs to be moved to the correct location*

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 3 months ago #295592 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic required password rules being ignored
You can not override the core Joomla password validation rules (the Joomla user object won't allow it) so those are always enforced. However, CB has its own field validation that is independent from Joomlas. To adjust the validation rules for CBs password field you need to edit it within CB > Field Management and under Parameters > Validation adjust as needed. By default the core password field will match Joomlas core validation rules (not the validation rules you configured your self within Joomla).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon