Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Translate User Profiles

• gregkoron
  • gregkoron
7 years 4 months ago #294760 by gregkoron
Translate User Profiles was created by gregkoron
Hi I would like to ask if and how I can translate the users' information in their profiles. Do I have to duplicate their profiles for this purpose or there is an elegant way?

Thank you in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 4 months ago #294788 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Translate User Profiles
Information input by a user is not ran through translations. There is no translating it.

This also has nothing to do with presales. Please do not ask general usage or support questions in our presales forums. Topic moved to general community forums.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• gregkoron
  • gregkoron
7 years 4 months ago #294792 by gregkoron
Replied by gregkoron on topic Translate User Profiles
Thank you for the prompt reply and I am sorry for placing my question to the wrong category. I urgently need however to have the users' profiles in two languages. Is any way to accomplish that? Even if I have to create duplicate profiles.

Thank you!

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #294794 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Translate User Profiles
User input information is not passed through translations. There is no means to force it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by krileon.

• nant
  • nant
7 years 4 months ago #294801 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Translate User Profiles

gregkoron wrote: Thank you for the prompt reply and I am sorry for placing my question to the wrong category. I urgently need however to have the users' profiles in two languages. Is any way to accomplish that? Even if I have to create duplicate profiles.

Thank you!

For free text fields, as Kyle said this is not possible.

For single/multi-selecg checkbox, dropdown, radio fields you can us language strings for the options and thus make things translatable.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon