Skip to Content Skip to Menu

User list doesn't link profile

7 years 9 months ago #289696 by cesarvalbuena
User list doesn't link profile was created by cesarvalbuena
Hello, after updating to 2.1 version, when the user list is displayed (in frontend), the link to the user's profile does't work. In the list configuration, parameters, linking is set "yes" and hot-linking protect "no".

Thanks for your help.

Joomla: 2.5.28 version

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 9 months ago #289725 by cesarvalbuena
Replied by cesarvalbuena on topic User list doesn't link profile
I finally found the solution. After updating, the menu item hadn't any assigned menu element type. I chose user profile mandatory and it works.

But I still havve the problem I told you 2 months ago. Since I've migrated CB from 1.9 to 2.0 every CB action is shown with the default template. Each time a user modifies his data, the CB goes to the default template and I need to chose the template I want to be shown. You told me to assign my template or set the template to default, but still doesn't work.

Thanks

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 9 months ago #289789 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic User list doesn't link profile
Broken CB 1.x menu items shouldn't be too much of an issue anymore with latest CB 2.x build as migration has been added for those. Any that don't migrate will need to be manually fixed.

As for your template assignment issue I've explained how template assignment works in Joomla multiple times now. Joomla loads the template based off entirely Itemid, which is your menu item. Turn off SEF and review what Itemid is present in the URL then match that Itemid to a menu item and assign your template to that menu item. This is entirely handled by Joomla and has nothing to do with CB.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon