Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Creating user with both cb frontend and cb user management causes blank screen.

7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #289385 by independentCog
I've read that sometimes a php error can cause the blank screen to occur, turned on debugging in System > Global Configuration > System > Debug System: Yes. This hasn't shown any results.After reloading the blank page it returns me back to the joomla admin with an Error: Username : The username 'testUser0' is already in use. The new user is showing in both the joomla and cb tables. I've read that using a redirect can solve this but I would much rather understand the behavior and fix what ever is configured incorrectly than simply move around the problem.

I've read and taken all of the configuration steps in the documentation.

The joomla is a fresh install onto an xampp localhost. Both joomla and CB are at their most current versions.

Adding the users causes nothing to be added to the error logs for apache and mysql in xampp either.
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by independentCog.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 9 months ago #289414 by krileon
If you're getting a blank page after creating a user in frontend or backend then you've a performance problem with user store (hitting memory limits) or a fatal error that's being suppressed (fatal error could be from 3rd party extension). Be sure to do a fresh registration test on each attempt since your registration is completing. Both debug mode and maximum error reporting need to be enabled during testing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon