Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Login Redirects back to home page again!

• rcousins
  • rcousins
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #289141 by rcousins
Joomla 3.6.5
CB 2.1

Registered user clicks "login to read more";
Cb-login module is loaded;
User inputs credentials;
Current page does not reload, user is redirected back to home page;

I have checked the module parameters and left login URL redirect blank.
CB plugin
Redirect URL: enabled
Rewrite URL: enabled

What have I missed??
CB Login is the only module enabled.
Any help would be much appreciated!
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by rcousins.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 9 months ago #289168 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Login Redirects back to home page again!
Edit "Community Builder System plugin" within Extensions > Plugins then under "Parse URLs" tab ensure "Pass Return URLs" is set to "Enabled". If it already is then it's likely your readmore usage isn't providing a URL to return to and there's nothing that can be done about it. Try disabling "Community Builder System plugin" and using Joomlas login module to see if issue persists even with Joomla.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• rcousins
  • rcousins
7 years 9 months ago #289190 by rcousins
Replied by rcousins on topic Login Redirects back to home page again!
Parse URL's is enabled but problem persist's.

I tried your suggestion and disabled CB Login and enabled Core Joomla login module. When clicking login to read more I receive this error:
"Error: CB Login module not created (required)."

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 9 months ago #289206 by krileon
You need to disable CBs system plugin temporarily as we take over Joomla _user component access. Once done you should be able to retest fine with Joomlas login.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• rcousins
  • rcousins
7 years 9 months ago #289247 by rcousins
Replied by rcousins on topic Login Redirects back to home page again!
Thanks Krileon,

I tried what you asked and enabled core Joomla login mod. The result was when user clicks login to read more, Joomla loads your profile page. I disabled Joomla mod and re-enabled CB_login.

I have established that the problem only seems to affect the read more function when user is required to login. Menu items and aliases function normally so it is isolated to the "login to read more" functionality?

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #289267 by krileon
If Joomla is trying to redirect to profile page instead of login then I don't know what to suggest as Joomla would be redirecting it incorrectly and that redirect likely doesn't have the return URL even set so there's nothing CB can do about this. Joomla should be sending you to Joomlas login page when clicking a read more that the user doesn't have access to and that redirect should include a &return= in its URL which contains a base64 of the article they were trying to access. I recommend posting on Joomla.org forums as maybe it's a bug or just a configuration problem.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by krileon.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon