Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Community Builder Date field problem after Joomla migrating and CB upgrade

7 years 10 months ago #288941 by lucadonati
Hi,
after migrating Joomla! from v.2.5.28 to 3.6.5 and upgrading CB from v. 1.9.1 to latest v. 2.0.15+build.2016.12.13.01.36.09.6b6f2b25d

I have the same problem as topic www.joomlapolis.com/forum/146-general/235395-community-builder-date?limitstart=0

I realized that now I have 2 date type, the first is the one migrated and the second I suppose is a new type introduced lately.
The main difference from the 2 date type field is that the first as no option "timezone offset", the last does have it.

I did not test yet if the last date type field with "timezone offset disabled" works correctly as yo suggest, my problem is that if I set a new date field my new dates will be hopefully correct but my old dates will be lost and probably I need to insert them manually because the 2 field have different table/column in the database, correct?
Is there a solution for this problem?
Thank you
Luca
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 10 months ago #288961 by krileon
One is Date and the other is Datetime. You've a bad translation in your language files resulting in them having the same title. Likely due to out of date language plugin. Please ensure everything is up to date before doing any further testing and checks. The Date field does not apply offsetting in any way at any point in time; it is impossible for it to be off. Datetime applies offsetting, but can be turned off; however existing stored values have already been stored as UTC offset from local.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #288972 by lucadonati
Hi krileon,
I update the italian translation file few days ago.
So I can tell you that field Datetime works correctly but filed Date has the same problem of the other topic (Community Builder Date), it sets a day before the selected one! How can I fix it?
Thank you
Luca
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by lucadonati.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 10 months ago #288998 by krileon
What timezone do you have configured within Joomla and within your CB user? Again, there is no offset usage being applied to Date field on display or storage. Please be absolutely sure you've latest build installed. Note installing latest will not fix existing stored values and you must re-select your date if it has already stored incorrectly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 10 months ago #289021 by lucadonati
Hi krileon,
I configured Rome within Joomla and within my CB user.
CB version is the latest 2.0.15+build.2016.12.15.23.46.28.564cb4824.
Italian language traslation file is the latest but I still see 2 Date type but I don't mind, this is not the problem anyway.
The problem is that when I re-select a stored date (Date type) and I save it I get -1 day, if I select 10 the value saved is 9.
Datetime with offset saves values correctly.

Thank you
Luca

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 10 months ago #289067 by krileon
I've selected Rome as server and user timezone and still works fine. Absolutely no offset is being applied to Date fields. All of that code is flat out not used. So it's impossible for it to offset unless it is being done by PHP it self. What PHP version do you have?

When you select a date right click and inspect element on one of the dropdowns for the date select. Next look above that in the DOM inspector as part of the developer console of your browser. There should be a hidden input there with the date you selected. Is it exactly as you selected or is it also wrong by 1 day? In your _comprofiler database table is your date field an actual date column or is it a datetime column? It should be just date for a date field.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon