Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB-Paid Subscriptions 3 is not working

• semco
  • semco
7 years 10 months ago #288940 by semco
I discovered that CB-Paid Subscriptions 3 is not working. When you upgraded from version 3 to 4 I was able to download 402 and that same week you uploaded version 4.1. I just discovered version 3 is not supported to the CB's. Could you please help me solving this problem?

Message : CB Paid Subscriptions is not compatible with your current CB version.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 10 months ago #288960 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB-Paid Subscriptions 3 is not working
CBSubs 3.x isn't compatible with CB 2.x, because CBSubs 3.x is a CB 1.9 plugin. If it still works then continue to use it otherwise there is no other option besides upgrading to CBSubs 4.x or to continue to use CB 1.x.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• semco
  • semco
7 years 10 months ago #288977 by semco
Replied by semco on topic CB-Paid Subscriptions 3 is not working
Hi.
When I bought CB-Paid Subscriptions CB 2 was already working and available for the public. There was no information that CB-Paid Subscription would work only work with the previous version. If I knew this at the time I would have never bought the plugin. My website now is on Joomla 3.6 and I have no choice but to use CB-Paid Sub 4.1. My last download is 4.02 which is the last release before version 4.1. Version 4.02 had some bugs and errors which were fixed in the final release. Is there any chance to get instructions to go into the code to fix those code errors and have version 4.02 clean of bugs and errors?

Semco

• beat
  • beat
7 years 10 months ago #288984 by beat
Replied by beat on topic CB-Paid Subscriptions 3 is not working
Sorry, but I do not understanding your complaint, except that I understand it as a complaint about general industry-wide software compatibility constraints.

Keeping backwards compatibility with underlying systems in software is possible only to a certain extent. Foreseeing forward-compatibility with new systems is (nearly) impossible.

The version of CBSubs that you first bought was compatible with the released CB version, and you got during its maintenance period upgrades to newer versions, at all time supporting newer CB versions that supported newer Joomla versions, that supported newer PHP versions on newer Server operating systems.

That's an industry standard way to manage software quality to avoid exploding exponentially the test cases and be able to add new features taking in account new features of underlying systems.

Anything below Joomla 3.6.5 is not fully safe at this point, and anything below Joomla 3.6.4 is unsafe to use. So there is no point in supporting any earlier release, as it would bite you back.

Similar is true for any complex software.

CB 1.9 is not compatible with Joomla 3.6 and is end of life. Newest version is 2.0.15, and soon 2.1 and free.
CBSubs 2 and 3 are not compatible with Joomla 3.6, and are end of life. Newest is 4.1, GPL, not free, but comes with a full year of upgrades and support.

When you buy software, any software, specially for the web it is of crucial importance to maintain it up to date to keep your site secure. That includes your server OS, webserver software, PHP version, Joomla, CB, CBSubs and any extensions you are running.

Currently your Developer membership is expired, just reactivate it to get another year of new releases and support for CBSubs or get just a CBSubs 1 year subscription if you don't need anything else than CB and CBSubs. There will be new CB versions and CBSubs versions for new Joomla versions all year long. Maintenance is not a one-shot thing, it is an ongoing task and duty to your members. It also includes priority support.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

• semco
  • semco
7 years 10 months ago #288985 by semco
Replied by semco on topic CB-Paid Subscriptions 3 is not working
My complaint is that there was misleading information when I purchased CB-Paid Subscriptions. I would have never bought and waited for a new release to come out. This was my first installation of CB plugins and I discovered that it won't work and is only for older versions of CBs. All I would like is to receive instructions to removed the errors I had in version 4.02. Later on I will decide what I want to do with regards too upgrading.

Semco

Moderators: beatnantkrileon