Skip to Content Skip to Menu

SEARCH WORKER WEBSITE : is CB a good choice?

• seydi
  • seydi
7 years 10 months ago #288631 by seydi
Hello everyone,

I have a project to realize under joomla 3. It is to create a website that allows to search by profession and by region of the workers (plumber, mason, etc).

My questions are:

/ ** SEARCH BY CATEGORY AND REGION ** /

--is what the smart search module can allow me to create a search box like the site bandsforhire.net (search by category and region)

/ ** CONNEXION and ACCOUNT ** /

A) Every worker must be able to create his own account and make changes if he wants by connecting to his space.
The fields for a worker account are: prenon, name, address, telephone, email, photo (to be uploaded).

B) The profile of each worker displayed in the search results must show the notes (stars) and comments of those who have already entrusted him with a job, in addition to the following information: firstname, name, address, telephone, email.

C) Site visitors create an account only when they want to write down a worker and post a comment on their work

--What is the extension or the joomla module that can allow me to realize all this?

--Does I have to create a registration form for the workers and another registration form for the simple users of the site?
--for the system of notes and the comments on the workers what extension can realize them?
--how can I automatically retrieve pictures of uploaded profiles and insert them to update the profile of the worker?

I hope to have made a general outline on the project

Thank you for your advice and guidance in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 10 months ago #288667 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic SEARCH WORKER WEBSITE : is CB a good choice?

--is what the smart search module can allow me to create a search box like the site bandsforhire.net (search by category and region)

No, CB doesn't have smart search. We've userlists and we've integration with normal Joomla search.

A) Every worker must be able to create his own account and make changes if he wants by connecting to his space.
The fields for a worker account are: prenon, name, address, telephone, email, photo (to be uploaded).

That's just normal CB and its fields.

C) Site visitors create an account only when they want to write down a worker and post a comment on their work

Again, normal CB registration. For commenting you'll need CB Activity.

Sorry, but it really seams like you've posted without spending even a minute exploring our products. Please take a moment to explore our demo site below.

demo.cbdemosites.com/

For further details on our products see the add-ons page below.

www.joomlapolis.com/addons

Details regarding CB it self can be found below.

www.joomlapolis.com/community-builder

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon