Skip to Content Skip to Menu

How many users can I have?

• eemeli
  • eemeli
7 years 11 months ago #287580 by eemeli
How many users can I have? was created by eemeli
Hello,

I am thinking to use Community Builder as a customer / leads database, and there would be up to 30 different fields per user profile. Most of these would be custom fields such as business name, size, amount of employees etc.

My question: How big member databases can Community Builder take and still function well and fast? Is there a member limit in the software? Is Community Builder still able to make fast searches and other processes if there are 10,000+ profiles? What are the biggest sites that people have been building with Community Builder, in terms of member amount?

Or are these factors (speed, reliability, etc) more related to the server and database instead of Community Builder itself?

Community Builder is a great software and I used it long time ago for a small community. Now I would like to use it for this, but I am very concerned that it might end up being slow and bulky when tons of profiles are in.

Thank you for answers, even estimations are welcome!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 11 months ago #287588 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic How many users can I have?
30 fields isn't a lot. We've more than that I believe and we've well over 500,000 users. So it's safe to say it can handle very large communities perfectly fine. I would recommend after setting up all your fields using Joomla debug to see what queries you use most often and add new indexes to your database tables to improve performance (not just CB tables, but any table that may need them). You can also optimize page headers with JCH Optimizer which we use and works very well (this reduced our page load times easily by 3x).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• eemeli
  • eemeli
7 years 11 months ago #287590 by eemeli
Replied by eemeli on topic How many users can I have?
Hello Kyle,

Thank you for your reply, this was very helpful!

This part I didn't understand, but I will investigate it further: "I would recommend after setting up all your fields using Joomla debug to see what queries you use most often and add new indexes to your database tables to improve performance (not just CB tables, but any table that may need them)."

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 11 months ago #287592 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic How many users can I have?
For a very large site you'll always want to add customized optimization based off the needs of your site. If you've some database queries ran regularly and unique to your site it's a good idea to optimize them as best as possible and usually means custom database indexes. This isn't anything specific to CB though and just general advise.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• eemeli
  • eemeli
7 years 11 months ago #287595 by eemeli
Replied by eemeli on topic How many users can I have?
Ok. Thank you for this advice!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon