Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Registration form

8 years 1 week ago #286947 by julie.prod.web
Registration form was created by julie.prod.web
Hi,

I did UX (user experience) on my website with a sample of 10 people.
The most have disorder in understanding the registration form.

2 thinks :

1 - The steps are not clear.
People do not understand really that a registration with steps.
To begin, It would make sense that's tab step complete change color (hope it's clear in english)

2 - On the 1st page of the registration form, we see the intro picture, steps and a part of the form. That's great.
But when we clik on "next button" to go to the step 2, 3,4 ... all the time the page position is below the Steps tab.
This disturbs the user.

Did you have solution about this 2 points ?

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 6 days ago #286971 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Registration form

To begin, It would make sense that's tab step complete change color (hope it's clear in english)

It does. The active step becomes blue. See the below.

2 - On the 1st page of the registration form, we see the intro picture, steps and a part of the form. That's great.
But when we clik on "next button" to go to the step 2, 3,4 ... all the time the page position is below the Steps tab.
This disturbs the user.

That's supposed to happen. It repositions where the step form begins. If the page was really long on 1 step, but short on the next and we didn't do the reposition then your screen would be at the bottom or in the middle of nowhere.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

8 years 3 days ago - 8 years 3 days ago #286993 by julie.prod.web
Replied by julie.prod.web on topic Registration form

krileon wrote:

It does. The active step becomes blue. See the below.

Yes that's what I have too. But look at the first tab "subscription" it passed but is still in white (like the tabs Portrait and Fields). It should be blue (or grey) to explain this step is completed.

This disturbs the user.
That's supposed to happen. It repositions where the step form begins. If the page was really long on 1 step, but short on the next and we didn't do the reposition then your screen would be at the bottom or in the middle of nowhere.

Yes that's the problem, we don't see the titles of steps, but just below them, this disturbs users.
How to raise/elevate few pixels to see the titles tabs?
Last edit: 8 years 3 days ago by julie.prod.web.

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 3 days ago #287014 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Registration form

Yes that's what I have too. But look at the first tab "subscription" it passed but is still in white (like the tabs Portrait and Fields). It should be blue (or grey) to explain this step is completed.

It's flat out not colored at all. Bootstrap doesn't have a middle-state for the tab coloring beyond marking it disabled, which it's not (and still wouldn't be grey). If you want it grey you'll need to add custom CSS for it to do so.

Yes that's the problem, we don't see the titles of steps, but just below them, this disturbs users. How to raise/elevate few pixels to see the titles tabs?

Can't because that's where the #HASH anchor is. The HTML is formatted how Bootstrap expects.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon