Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Registration confirmation email does not include proper confirmation link

• DavidLi
  • DavidLi
8 years 2 weeks ago - 8 years 2 weeks ago #286479 by DavidLi
Joomla 3.6.2, CB 2.0.15, CBSubs 4.1.0, SQL Server, IIS. CBSubs is unpublished to simplify this registration problem. SEO is On.

New registration attempt. Trying to configure CB that the moderator has to approve.
1) On submit of new registration, getting: The xyz.com page isn’t working xyz.com is currently unable to handle this request.
2) User does NOT show in Community builder User list. User DOES show in Joomla User list as Not Enabled, but Activated.
3) No email sent to user or moderator.
4) If I hit browser Back and reenter the user's password (twice), then hit submit, then I get "You are already signed up with this username and password.
5) User gets email (no email to moderator). Link in email: xyz.com/cb-profile/confirm.html
6) As before, User does NOT show in Community builder User list. User DOES show in Joomla User list as Not Enabled, but Activated.
7) User clicks email link...when link is clicked get "Error You are not authorized to view this page! You need to log in." message.
8) If I manually Activate user in Joomla user list, and then attempt to sign in as the new user: "Error Your sign up process is not yet complete! Please check again your email for further instructions that have just been resent. If you don't find the email, check your spam-box. Make sure that your email account options are not set to immediately delete spam. If that was the case, just try logging in again to receive a new instructions email."
9) user does then get email: "...Email address is already confirmed" Moderator never gets an email.
10) User DOES appear in CB User list after user has logged in for the first time.

I am hoping there is one root cause for all of the above. I have searched for each independently and have synched users in Tools menu. I am using CB login. I have a Login link in the Main Menu. I am accessing the Login via Panel position.

If I Enable user in Joomla Users...still not seeing the new user in CB User list.

I have JooCart / Opencart users integrated, and P8PBB user synch plugins.

any / all help is appreciated!!!!
PS...I have had support plans in place before that have since expired...first time I have needed it :(
Last edit: 8 years 2 weeks ago by DavidLi. Reason: added additional detail

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• DavidLi
  • DavidLi
8 years 2 weeks ago #286513 by DavidLi
Ok, getting somewhere...I unpublished the P8PBB (phpbb integration) and CB registration seems to be much happier...
Now, need to figure out why P8PBB isn't playing nice with CB.
I did have their Community Builder integration plugin enabled....

• DavidLi
  • DavidLi
8 years 2 weeks ago #286514 by DavidLi
Ends up I had both their "standard" p8pbb user integration plugin enabled AND their community builder integration. I assume that confused the system. Disabled the "standard" and enabled the CB integration plugin and reg seems mostly working. More testing and tuning to go...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon