Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Community Builder vs Jomsocial and Easysocial

8 years 2 months ago #284402 by Paladin Brewer
Community Builder vs Jomsocial and Easysocial was created by Paladin Brewer
Hello,

I was curious to your thoughts on how CB compared to Jomsocial and/or Easysocial. The noticeable advantage of CB is that you at least have a free version, but I was curious to what you felt the advantages of CB are and possibly the weaknesses. Someone told me to go with Jomsocial or Easysocial because CB, and I quote, "CB does not have a robust API like JomSocial and EasySocial, which makes complete integration impossible (eg activity streams are not dynamic)," I was curious to if you had any response there. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #284413 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Community Builder vs Jomsocial and Easysocial
I've moved your topic to the community forums. Please understand this is not a pre-sales question that can be answered by the team, but a matter of opinion that needs to be answered by the community. Asking the team which is better is going to give you an obviously biased opinion as we'd never down-sale our product or up-sell anyone elses.

Regarding the API that's completely false. All of our plugins are extending CB using API. No idea what they mean by the activity stream not being dynamic but our stream works perfectly fine, has API to add new activity, and can even use CB Auto Actions to add new activity on any CB trigger. You can completely demo CB and all our products below to see for your self.

demo.cbdemosites.com/

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by krileon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon