Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Difference between Articles and Blogs?

• deonholt
  • deonholt
8 years 4 months ago #282529 by deonholt
Difference between Articles and Blogs? was created by deonholt
Hi all and thank you for your advice.

I have a website which is still in the beginning phase and in the process of changing registration from Joomla to CB. I have watched all the short video tutorials by Nick. I have watched the ones also where he explains on how to almost integrate Joomla's blogs with that of CB.

I write at least two articles a week. Up until now I have written it as articles. But, it looks like it can also be blog entries.
Can someone please tell me the difference between articles and blogs? When do you present content as an article and when as a blog?

Thank you very much.
Deon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• villy
  • villy
8 years 4 months ago #282827 by villy
Replied by villy on topic Difference between Articles and Blogs?
Hi Deon

CB Articles displays on users profile Joomla OR K2 articles that a user has written eighter from backend or from Insert Article menuitem in Front end.
Configuring the plugin you can select source and exclude some categories. You cannot insert new article form your profile.

Cb Blogs on the other hand can handle, apart from Joomla OR K2, its internal catergories (indipendedly)
Can be configured to ask aproval, can use Captcha and can be set to delete all users articles if deleted from your site.

In other words CB Articles and CB Blogs are very much alike but Blogs have more options to choose from.
You can use both e.g if you want to display separetly articles from different categories.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon