Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Session expired or cookies are not enabled for CB "Configuration" page *only*! Rest of CB works fine in Admin.

8 years 4 months ago #282251 by joomlafreek
This is very odd. When I try to access the backend CB Configuration, I get the following error/dialog box:

domain-name.com says: Session expired or cookies are not enabled in your browser. Please press "reload page" in your browser, and enable cookies in your browser. Please refresh/reload page before filling-in.
And yet:
  • cookies are enabled and always have been
  • Session is not expired as other admin areas of CB work just fine - I just can't change CB now!
  • No other parts within the Joomla Admin area does this happen either
  • Site caching disabled
  • Template does not have caching feature
  • One extension had caching - it has been disabled
  • Checked and repaired permissions to default 755 folders and 644 on files
  • Reinstallation of CB 2.0.14 had no effect
  • Despite above efforts - no change in accessing Community Builder --> Configuration
  • Only thing I have not tried - is completely Uninstalling --> Reinstalling CB
Please advise.

Joomlafreek

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• villy
  • villy
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #282257 by villy
Hi Joomlafreek

There an almost similar thread here that may give you an idea...

Also check with your host if they use SuperCacher or something like that.
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by villy.

8 years 4 months ago #282260 by joomlafreek
Thank you - and yes that was the article I followed before making this post. Did I miss anything he suggested?

I checked my control panel at my host, and Supercacher was enabled. I have disabled it completely, yet the problem still persists. Also - it worked fine before because Supercacher was on by default, and CB worked fine before.

Please advise. Thanks!

Joomlafreek

• nant
  • nant
8 years 4 months ago #282267 by nant

joomlafreek wrote: I checked my control panel at my host, and Supercacher was enabled. I have disabled it completely, yet the problem still persists. Also - it worked fine before because Supercacher was on by default, and CB worked fine before.

Please advise. Thanks!

Joomlafreek

If things worked before and nothing changed with CB, then something else is causing this issue.

No idea what to advise you

• villy
  • villy
8 years 4 months ago #282297 by villy

8 years 4 months ago #282330 by joomlafreek
I tried Firefox 46.0.1, IE 11.305.x and of course Chrome 50.x

If I enable debug mode - what should I be looking for when I click "Configuration" in order to get to the root cause? I do not have near enough of any baseline to go by in order to catch this particular issue.

Please advise. I'll be glad to run a debug, and send you the results if you like. I really appreciate it! If we do this, it will help me to identify issues like this in the future as well. Thanks!

Joomlafreek

Moderators: beatnantkrileon