Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Kunena signature in Community Builder profile (New)

8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #282166 by Ross Hawkey
Hi. Thank you for the quick reply to my previous post (Copied below).

I've created a new thread and have supplied a couple of pictures of my issue.

1/. My Profile Section of Community Builder:

2/. But when I go to Kunena Forum, the pic doesn't show?

Is it because the picture size is too big? I used a similar dimension to the example ones shown in the Video. I'd be happy to have the signature as another field, and not the canvas, or just remove the signature field from Kunena altogether. I'm just not sure how to do that.

I've provided below the comments from my previous post on this issue for info:

nant wrote:

Ross Hawkey wrote: I have a similar issue with the signature integration of CB and Kunena.

I have followed CB Tutorial 22, and re-watched it 2 or 3 times (The whole tutorial set was fantastic).

At the moment, the signature seems to try to be showing the Canvas Picture from the CB Profile.

However, on the signature section, rather than displaying the picture, it just gives the name of the image e.g:

canvas_626_57248c17b4b0d.jpg

Having looked around the forums, I've been unable to find a way around this issue. Even removing the facility of signatures would be good, but having a random file-name isn't ideal.

I can't see how to resolve this issue, either by getting the image displayed, or signature facility removed.

Glad you like the tutorials - please start new thread with your exact issue and give details, screenshots, etc.

Thanks for your help on this issue.
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Ross Hawkey.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
8 years 4 months ago #282203 by nant
I am sorry - what does this have to do with your kunena signature (subject)?

I have no issues with Kunena integratiom.
See the CB Primer that shows screenshots and see the video tutorials.
Things work just fine there.

You must have configured something wrong.
Are you trying to show a picture in your signature?

8 years 4 months ago #282213 by Ross Hawkey
Replied by Ross Hawkey on topic Kunena signature in Community Builder profile (New)
I'm sorry if I've not been clear.

I'm confused because you appear to have your signature (in this forum) set in various text styles as:

--
Nick (nant)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Tutorials + Search the forums
For more add-ons and support: Upgrade your membership
Links: Community Builder - Languages - Adv/Pro/Dev membership - CBSubs Paid Subscriptions - GPL Templates - Hosting

Visit my CB Profile - Send me a Private Message (PM)

I have:
canvas_626_57248c17b4b0d.jpg

I don't see how/where I can change or edit that in either Kunena (because it's all now linked to CB Profile) or Community Builder. It's probably quite obvious, but I'm afraid I'm just going about in circles.

I don't particularly need/want a picture as my signature, but I'd like to know how to edit it to maybe include some text, or at least remove the 'canvas_626_57248c17b4b0d.jpg' from being displayed at the bottom of each forum post I make.

I hope that makes sense. Sorry to be a bother.

8 years 4 months ago #282454 by Ross Hawkey
Replied by Ross Hawkey on topic Kunena signature in Community Builder profile (New)
OK, well not to worry on this issue.

I've unlinked the CB Profile from Kunena, so we can now use a shared CB Registration/Login, but the profile info is separate, and can be edited in Kunena.

This means 2 places to put profile info, but works ok.

• nant
  • nant
8 years 4 months ago #282489 by nant

Ross Hawkey wrote: OK, well not to worry on this issue.

I've unlinked the CB Profile from Kunena, so we can now use a shared CB Registration/Login, but the profile info is separate, and can be edited in Kunena.

This means 2 places to put profile info, but works ok.

Not sure what to tell you - works just fine in my tests.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon