Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Is it possible to personalize a user page ?

• sebpl
  • sebpl
8 years 8 months ago #277161 by sebpl
Hi everybody,

I use joomla last version with CB 2.0.12.
I have 2 levels for users: enregistred and 'customers'

In my old web site I made special articles for each customer. If a customer was logged, he could see a "special module" (just for this customer) which led to a special article.

Customer A logged -> module A visible -> can have access to article A.
Customer B logged -> module B visible -> can have access to article B.
Customer B can't see article A and customer A can't see article B.

As it take long times to parameter all the access for each customer especially when we have more than 200 customers, I would like to ask if I can use community builder to do this for my new web site.

Community builder already recognize each "customers" and each customer can have access to their profil. I don't want that customer can manage their profil, I just want to personalize their profil page like add a joomla article with file to download. So if there are logged they have already a link to their own page with "special article".

Is that possible ?

SebPL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
8 years 8 months ago #277191 by nant

sebpl wrote: Hi everybody,

I use joomla last version with CB 2.0.12.
I have 2 levels for users: enregistred and 'customers'

In my old web site I made special articles for each customer. If a customer was logged, he could see a "special module" (just for this customer) which led to a special article.

Customer A logged -> module A visible -> can have access to article A.
Customer B logged -> module B visible -> can have access to article B.
Customer B can't see article A and customer A can't see article B.

As it take long times to parameter all the access for each customer especially when we have more than 200 customers, I would like to ask if I can use community builder to do this for my new web site.

Community builder already recognize each "customers" and each customer can have access to their profil. I don't want that customer can manage their profil, I just want to personalize their profil page like add a joomla article with file to download. So if there are logged they have already a link to their own page with "special article".

Is that possible ?

SebPL

You should be able to do this using Joomla groups and ACL view levels.

You would need to place customers in different joomla group and then using the Joomla ACL view just configure your customer modules for this view.

Suggest you look at Joomla documentation for help on this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon