Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Which version of CB Connect to Use?

8 years 8 months ago #277044 by tjohns92109
Which version of CB Connect to Use? was created by tjohns92109
My project has surpassed it's expected finish time and thus my membership at Joomlapolis. I was just wondering... I have 2 versions of CB Connect that I can use. I have a regular download of version 6.0.5 and I have a beta version (plug_cbconnect_7.0.0-beta.4+656b99275.zip). Any suggestion whether it's safe to use 7.0 since it was still in beta back then? Or if I will lose any potent functionality if I use the non-beta?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 8 months ago #277084 by tjohns92109
Replied by tjohns92109 on topic Which version of CB Connect to Use?
DON'T USE THE BETA!!! I just installed it this morning since I couldn't get the other one to work correctly (the documentation is like 5 years old, by the way). It completely broke the website (500 errors all around). Did a site restore and will deal with the old version 6.

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 8 months ago #277087 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Which version of CB Connect to Use?
CB Connect 7.x Beta works perfectly fine on CB 2.x. The documentation for it is found directly below and includes full up to date step by step configuration instructions.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/6-news-and-publicity/229505-configuring-cb-connect-7x

Most likely you're having errors due to a bug in CB it self which causes plugin fields to always prefix with cb_, which they should not. This causes CB Connect to be missing is fields (well not missing, but wrongly named so it doesn't find what it's looking for). This is fixed by installing latest CB 2.x nightly then reinstalling CB Connect 7.x Beta.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tjohns92109

8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #277097 by tjohns92109
Replied by tjohns92109 on topic Which version of CB Connect to Use?
I don't know what the issue is. I just can't get it to pull the email address from Facebook. There is no special permissions for that. If I put [profile_email] in for the 'username format' field, it does not work. It gets some 15 digit number and puts that in for the profile. I know that's the field I'm looking for because if I put [provider_name] into it, the username is 'Facebook'.

If I put anything into the 'fields' area (from -> to), it just breaks the signin completely. For example, I've tried putting from 'Email' to 'username' it says 'signup with facebook failed: error please enter a username'.

No matter what I do, it always says, signup incomplete please enter email address.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by tjohns92109.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon