Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Who/How to receive daily email updates on Forum and Library posts?

• pbca
  • pbca
8 years 9 months ago #276080 by pbca
I receive nightly emails from our forum listing any new posts or articles that were added. However it appears no one else does? How do I enable other users to get the daily emails? I've looked everywhere, and it appears its coming from an email address I can't find in the back end either. This is the email I receive:
Good morning Brett,

PBCA Forum Threads from last 24 hours:

Re: Articles Wanted! by Eli Cozoi
There are no new or updated documents today.
Please Do Not Reply to This Email. For Admin, please email admin@admin.com. Thank you.

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

Brett

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
8 years 9 months ago #276082 by nant

pbca wrote: I receive nightly emails from our forum listing any new posts or articles that were added. However it appears no one else does? How do I enable other users to get the daily emails? I've looked everywhere, and it appears its coming from an email address I can't find in the back end either. This is the email I receive:

Good morning Brett,

PBCA Forum Threads from last 24 hours:

Re: Articles Wanted! by Eli Cozoi
There are no new or updated documents today.
Please Do Not Reply to This Email. For Admin, please email admin@admin.com. Thank you.

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

Brett

I have no idea what you are asking.

Forums typically have a subscribe feature that someone can enable to get notificationa on specific threads.

• pbca
  • pbca
8 years 9 months ago #276087 by pbca
I haven't subscribed to any posts, and when I look at my user credentials it says I'm not subscribed to anything.

However every night around 2am I receive an email with the subject: New PBCA Forum Threads and Library Docs

It says it's coming from: PBCA Forum and Library <contact@pbca.biz>

Where is the set up for this? I don't know how to change that email address (contact@pbca.biz) and who receives those nightly emails. I seem to be the only one who gets them, but I have myself as a 'Registered' user just like everyone else.

I even set everyone from Registered on up to Moderators, but I still seem to be the only one receiving these nightly emails.

Thanks for your help; I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure this out for the owner.

Brett

• nant
  • nant
8 years 9 months ago #276096 by nant

pbca wrote: I haven't subscribed to any posts, and when I look at my user credentials it says I'm not subscribed to anything.

However every night around 2am I receive an email with the subject: New PBCA Forum Threads and Library Docs

It says it's coming from: PBCA Forum and Library <contact@pbca.biz>

Where is the set up for this? I don't know how to change that email address (contact@pbca.biz) and who receives those nightly emails. I seem to be the only one who gets them, but I have myself as a 'Registered' user just like everyone else.

I even set everyone from Registered on up to Moderators, but I still seem to be the only one receiving these nightly emails.

Thanks for your help; I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure this out for the owner.

Brett

I am guessing some forum extension is installed on that site.

• pbca
  • pbca
8 years 9 months ago #276115 by pbca
Sorry, I thought Community Builder handled the user management. I also see Kunea Forum is installed, as well as DocMan.
I did a test last night. I set up a new account and it received the nightly emails. I'm just wondering where this is generated, and where you can change the From: address.
Thanks Nick!

Brett

• nant
  • nant
8 years 9 months ago #276116 by nant

pbca wrote: Sorry, I thought Community Builder handled the user management. I also see Kunea Forum is installed, as well as DocMan.
I did a test last night. I set up a new account and it received the nightly emails. I'm just wondering where this is generated, and where you can change the From: address.
Thanks Nick!

Brett

Suggest you investigate the extensions you have installed.
It is not Community Builder that is sending these emails.

Most likely it should be Kunena, although I am not sure that Kunena can send such time triggered emails.

Not much more I can offer to help - sorry.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon