Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Compulsory fields for differents sets of users

8 years 11 months ago #273582 by CMoorhouse
I am using community builder alongside jevents

Is it possible within community builder to make certain fields compulsory to certain types of users? For example my users are either registering as parents who wish to book holiday clubs and therefore need to add in children's registration details and/or bookers of events/performances and in this case we only require basic account fields to be entered.

For the holiday club parents can we make extra fields compulsory?

thank you
Caroline

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
8 years 11 months ago #273589 by nant

CMoorhouse wrote: I am using community builder alongside jevents

Is it possible within community builder to make certain fields compulsory to certain types of users? For example my users are either registering as parents who wish to book holiday clubs and therefore need to add in children's registration details and/or bookers of events/performances and in this case we only require basic account fields to be entered.

For the holiday club parents can we make extra fields compulsory?

thank you
Caroline

With CB Conditionals (professional membership needed) you can show/hide fields depending on other field values.

But you cannot change the compulsary status of a field.

You you can hide a mandatory field but you cannot make a mandatory field optional.

8 years 11 months ago #273604 by CMoorhouse
Replied by CMoorhouse on topic Compulsory fields for differents sets of users
thank you

if i hide a mandatory field ie due to it being conditional on another field, will a user be able to save their profile if they haven't completed that field?

ie if their selection of a conditional field means they purposely haven't been shown a mandatory field can they still save their profile?

• nant
  • nant
8 years 11 months ago #273607 by nant

CMoorhouse wrote: thank you

if i hide a mandatory field ie due to it being conditional on another field, will a user be able to save their profile if they haven't completed that field?

yes

Moderators: beatnantkrileon