Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Issue with uploading videos

• Anthweb
  • Anthweb
8 years 11 months ago #272442 by Anthweb
Issue with uploading videos was created by Anthweb
We are having an issue with the video upload functionality. We attempt to upload any video to the system and it just plays the sound through the player and nothing for the video. I have checked everything and can't find anything wrong. I have attached an example mpeg4 for testing or you can download from here: support.apple.com/en-us/HT201549

To reproduce we just create a video tab through the configurations. The user goes to upload their video. And then attempts to play the video - we just get a black box in the player - but the audio plays just fine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
8 years 11 months ago #272452 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Issue with uploading videos

Anthweb wrote: We are having an issue with the video upload functionality. We attempt to upload any video to the system and it just plays the sound through the player and nothing for the video. I have checked everything and can't find anything wrong. I have attached an example mpeg4 for testing or you can download from here: support.apple.com/en-us/HT201549

To reproduce we just create a video tab through the configurations. The user goes to upload their video. And then attempts to play the video - we just get a black box in the player - but the audio plays just fine.

I am not able to reproduce on a CB 2.0.11 demo site using your exact mp4 file.

Works just fine here.

Something else on your end is causing this.

• Anthweb
  • Anthweb
8 years 11 months ago #272454 by Anthweb
Replied by Anthweb on topic Issue with uploading videos
Could this be an encoding issue? Maybe something on the server that needs to be installed?

• nant
  • nant
8 years 11 months ago #272455 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Issue with uploading videos

Anthweb wrote: Could this be an encoding issue? Maybe something on the server that needs to be installed?

no idea - it works for me on a clean joomla/cb environment using default joomla template.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon