Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Using a SEF URL component together with CB substitutions?

• maestroc
  • maestroc
9 years 18 hours ago #272350 by maestroc
I am using CB substitutions to create a unique URL for members to use to pass data to a form. The substitution code I am using is below:

www.samplsite.org/index.php?option=com_chronoforms5&chronoform=SurveyForm&tmpl=component&coachnum= [user_id]&coachname=[cb:userdata field="name" /]&coachemail=[cb:userdata field="email" /]

I am using this code to display the unique URL in a field on the user's private profile page.

The problem with this is that it makes a very long URL and unfortunately I can't cut anything out because I need all of the data that is in it to be passed to the form.

Is it possible to shorten the URL that is displayed? Can I use a 3rd party SEF URL component (or even the built in Joomla SEF)? I would prefer to have something like

www.samplsite.org/index.php?coach=23

instead of the long and tedious:

www.samplsite.org/index.php?option=com_chronoforms5&chronoform=SurveyForm&tmpl=component&coachnum=23&coachname=JoeSmith&coachemail=joe@nowhere.com

Would a SEF URL component work for this or would it still display the long, unSEF'ed URL in that field in their profile? I figured it wouldn't work because of the way CB is creating the URL. Any insight or help would be gratefully appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon