Skip to Content Skip to Menu

New fields in userprofile

• Corovus
  • Corovus
9 years 3 weeks ago #271228 by Corovus
New fields in userprofile was created by Corovus
Hello,

iam new here so forgive me if that question might be silly, but after searching for 1 hour i decided to ask directly.

My current webdesing projects revolves around a car repair shop. Schedule an appointment is only possible if you are registered on the site, so i thought CB would be a great extension to add some depth to the Community.

At the moment I am about to set up all the fields for the user profiles, which leads me to my question.

There wont be a possibility to register on your own, instead you have to fill out a form and the master mechanic will create the account. For that purpose I created a new tab “My Car” (these data will later be used and available through a drop down menu when the customers try to book services)where all the necessary information about the car will be stored (Model Year, Maker, Model etc.)

But what if the customer has multiple cars. I don't want the master mechanic to do all the editing. Instead, I want the customers to be able to add a new car on their own. But i have no clue how to implement that. Does CB have a build in feature to do stuff like that or do i have to get a plugin/code myself to accomplish that?

Would be great if some1 can give me some tips on how to handle that.

Best Regards,
Coro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon