Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Code execution on trigger events

• kbotnen
  • kbotnen
13 years 8 months ago #150168 by kbotnen
Code execution on trigger events was created by kbotnen
Hi,

I have problems execute certain piece of code on some triggers.

trigger: onAfterLogout

problem: doesnt execute javascript, php or setting of session variables.

If I change to trigger: onStartUsersList everything work as expected.

[code:1]
// Initiate the trigger:
global $_PLUGINS;
$_PLUGINS->registerFunction('onAfterLogout', 'afterlogout');
$_PLUGINS->registerFunction('onStartUsersList','afterlogout');

// Establish the trigger function:
function afterlogout($myUser) {
$session = JFactory::getSession();
$session->set('somevariable', "somevalue"«»);
echo "<script type=\"text/javascript\">";
echo "window.open('http://someadress.no','_blank');";
echo "</script>";

}[/code:1]

I guess its something wrong with my understanding of the onAfterLogout trigger? I experienced similar problems with 'onAfterUserUpdate' but I solved the problem with writing temporary to DB. So I guess its something with not rendering output after some triggers?

Hope someone can help me with this one.

-Kristian-

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 8 months ago #150175 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Code execution on trigger events
Session is cleared after logout so setting of session variables isn't going to work. You should use cookies instead. For information pertaining to Trigger usage please see tutorials within my signature.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon