Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Member lists

• sanethost
  • sanethost
13 years 8 months ago #150141 by sanethost
Member lists was created by sanethost
Hey,

I would ideally like to have a map on a page, that has hotspots, so that when you click a state, it lists the members usernames for people in that state.

Would the best way to do this be to create a List for each state under CB List manager, then link to each of those lists?

I have tried to create a list that will show members in the state of illinois, as that is what I have in my profile, but for some reason it keeps showing 0 members.

Could anyone give some ideas on the best way to do this

Thanks

Francois

CB 1.3.1
Joomla 1.5.20

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Joe028
  • Joe028
13 years 8 months ago #150149 by Joe028
Replied by Joe028 on topic Re:Member lists
I have done this successfully by allowing your state field to be searchable. Then do a search for each state, the url will look something like this:

/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=usersList&Itemid=93&limitstart=0&search=&firstname=&cb_city=&cb_statedrop=AK&cb_zipcode=

Where you see 'AK' that is my State parameter, and if you change that to OH, NY, FL, etc. it will take you to the userlist search results page as if you had done a search for that state.

Problem I have had lately is that CB seems to be passing another parameter cbsecuritym3 which is breaking this from working properly.... but that is a different topic and another discussion already opened on it.

So in summary, don't create a new user list for each state, just pass search parameters in the url link that pertains to the state field.

Let me know if you need clarification or that's not what you were looking for.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy Chan

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 8 months ago #150159 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Member lists

I have tried to create a list that will show members in the state of illinois, as that is what I have in my profile, but for some reason it keeps showing 0 members.

Are you using filtering or just searching for the value? What is the field type responsible for storing the state (text, drop-down, etc...)?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon