Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[#2169] Auto Generate Password sends INCORRECT password.

13 years 8 months ago #150127 by jered@saverexpress.com
[#2169] Auto Generate Password sends INCORRECT password. was created by jered@saverexpress.com
Good day gentlemen.

Having a problem after upgrading from CB 1.2.3 to CB 1.3.1 and CBsubs 1.0.3 to CB 1.1.2

Registration Settings in CB:

Allow user registration -> YES (regardless of CB settings)
Autogenerate password -> YES
Require Admin Approval -> YES
Require e-mail Confirmation -> NO
AJAX USERNAME -> YES
AJAX EMAIL -> NO

now, I tried both by using the default pending approval message and the CBMAILS from incubator calling the [PASSWORD] field.

they DO BOTH give the same password (tested at same time)
but somehow this emailed password is NOT VALID.

could be a conflict between CBsubs and CB?

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2011/01/06 14:38

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 8 months ago #150154 by krileon

No, a new password is generated after the user has been approved by the admin. Best approach is to remove the password from the PENDING email and add it to the Welcome email (this is the only scenario where this should be done). This should then give the user an accurate password after admin has approved them.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 8 months ago #150215 by jered@saverexpress.com
Replied by jered@saverexpress.com on topic Re:Auto Generate Password sends INCORRECT password.
krileon wrote:

No, a new password is generated after the user has been approved by the admin. Best approach is to remove the password from the PENDING email and add it to the Welcome email (this is the only scenario where this should be done). This should then give the user an accurate password after admin has approved them.

Makes sense.
Ill check that out... Thanks Krileon!.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 8 months ago #150248 by krileon
Reviewing CB 1.3.1 source the password is generated in the following scenarios.

User Approval
User Confirmation
User Registration

HOWEVER, in backend for User Approval a password is only generated IF the user does NOT already have a password. As in the password column in _users database table would need to be empty. In other words; approve users from the frontend through the module and it should work how you're wanting.

This would appear to be a bug and have created a bug ticket so further investigate can be made. The password generated during first time registration should not be made invalid.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2169

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon