Skip to Content Skip to Menu

User management doesn't work after too fields

• astrogoal
  • astrogoal
13 years 8 months ago #150110 by astrogoal
Very strange i'm very sad. :(

One years ago, i've build a community with a lot of fields and understood can not have many fields but "only" ..... without changing ROW table in TEXT, etc, etc.... becouse exist php limit... ok...
You say that the next relisead have not this limit.. so i wait..

Now i have community 1.3.1. joomla 1.5.22 and i can not add a new field becouse make me this limit again. Community give me error SQL..
So i delete some old fields that were not pubblished.. then i used "tool" and all was ok.. so i created new fields... i was happy becouse i can create new field, BUT NOW I CAN NOT MANAGE USERS... WHEN I OPEN USERS MANAGE IT SEND ME TO CONTROL PANNEL

i used my backup and try again... WHEN I CREATE OTHERS FIELD user managemed go in crash

Post edited by: astrogoal, at: 2011/01/04 23:02

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 8 months ago #150150 by krileon
This is a limitation of MYSQL, no release of ours will fix this aside from changing all field types to a specific type (through CB Tools more then likely or the installer). Column size limit is not something that can just be fixed or a workaround developed. It takes changing the entire columns type which can be extremely dangerous if not done correctly. Not something we're in a rush to do.

We've plans to redo field system in a later release (possibly CB 2.0?). You are of course welcome to edit your database and change the types to text or for example varchar 125.

As far as the user management working I don't know; you didn't provide any helpful details. Please see help us help you on how to properly debug your install and how to properly structure a support post.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• astrogoal
  • astrogoal
13 years 8 months ago #150198 by astrogoal
Replied by astrogoal on topic Re:User management doesn't work after too fields
krileon wrote:

This is a limitation of MYSQL, no release of ours will fix this aside from changing all field types to a specific type (through CB Tools more then likely or the installer). Column size limit is not something that can just be fixed or a workaround developed. It takes changing the entire columns type which can be extremely dangerous if not done correctly. Not something we're in a rush to do.

We've plans to redo field system in a later release (possibly CB 2.0?). You are of course welcome to edit your database and change the types to text or for example varchar 125.

As far as the user management working I don't know; you didn't provide any helpful details. Please see help us help you on how to properly debug your install and how to properly structure a support post.

It is very difficoult for me to make this test, becouse my community is alive. To test and debug i have to add new fields, break my user management and debug, but i think that my problem is this: becouse i have yet the limit and i deleted some fields, if i add a new field, it add even if it can't and so breaks system..

What do you think?
Thank's!!

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 8 months ago #150201 by krileon

What do you think?

Please re-read my previous post.. I've already addressed your issue and already stated you did not provide enough information "break my user management" is NOT helpful in figuring out what is wrong.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon