Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Font Awesome issue

• galanopd
  • galanopd
4 months 1 week ago #338255 by galanopd
Replied by galanopd on topic Font Awesome issue
I am a bit confused with this.

It sounds like you completely turned CBs Fontawesome off then. We use Fontawesome v4. Joomla uses Fontawesome v5. If you turn CBs completely off you need to provide a source of Fontawesome v4.

No, I think I haven't turned it off, unless you mean something else. Please check the image below.

Your alternative is to set CBs Fontawesome to v5 compatibility.

Also, as the image shows there is "Enable|Disable|FontAwesome 6 Compatibility", so how do I set the "FontAwesome 5 Compatibility"?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
4 months 1 week ago #338257 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Font Awesome issue
Please PM backend super user login credentials and will take a look as I'm out of suggestions. You've a conflict coming from somewhere and will only know from where after taking a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: galanopd

• galanopd
  • galanopd
4 months 5 days ago - 4 months 5 days ago #338305 by galanopd
Uploading the site on the remote host, the globe icon shows as expected... strange. It must be somehow related to my local environment
What can I say, it seems that my local environment is not eco-friendly and hates the globe!
Last edit: 4 months 5 days ago by galanopd.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

• galanopd
  • galanopd
4 months 4 days ago #338317 by galanopd
Ha! Suddenly this appeared in the console and I think it should be related to the issue:
Code:
cb-profile:854 [Intervention] Slow network is detected. See https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5636954674692096 for more details. Fallback font will be used while loading: https://localhost/mywebsite/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/templates/default/font/fontawesome-webfont.woff2?v=4.7.0

• krileon
  • krileon
4 months 4 days ago #338320 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Font Awesome issue
Nothing I can do about that. Your localhost is taking too long to respond with a request for the font file. Maybe your local server is blocking the request with a firewall or virus scan? We don't provide localhost debug assistance so if it's not an issue on your live site or online test site then I wouldn't worry about it. For localhost development to match your live site you may want to consider setting up a docker image that matches the live environment.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: galanopd

Moderators: beatnantkrileon